Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Year Anniversary of my Blog! My Bucket List with Comments!

Today I need to look back over the year and see how I did with my bucket list and if I need to add or subtract anything!  It was an eventful year with its high and low points!  I guess every year goes along that way.  If any of you have been following my blog you know pretty well how it went this year so I am not going to give a summary--you can just go back and read about it.  I do think I will put up my bucket list and comment on and/or delete and add to it.  That should do it.  I may have to comment on several major life changing things that have happened to us, though.

My Bucket List for 2010 and Beyond

I was going to write down my New Year's resolutions but saw a neat post by a teacher friend who is doing 40 by 40. I can't see listing 75 by 75 for me so I'll just kind of make a bucket list. Some things will be short term and some sort of long term although at this age I need to keep them not too long! Some are definitely pipe dreams, but who knows what tomorrow will bring!

1. Start a blog sight and try to keep it up to date. I have a lot of ideas to write down so it will have a lot of variety to it. (Already started)  Check!
2. Lose 10-15 lbs. during this year--hopefully by June but I know me and I rarely hit my target date. I am going to use Judith Becks method again because it seems to work well for me.  Weigh the same as I did last year at this time.  I guess I'll give it another try this year!
a. Count calories--use fitday.com (700-900/day) Did for less than 1 week.....
b. Plan meals ahead and write them down here? Ditto
c. Exercise regularly--walk away the lbs. on dvd, snow shoe, sweat to the oldies.  Sort of did but not too regularly.
d. Use her psychological tips and find a coach (Carla?)  Did not do!
3. Walk in a 5K event this spring and definitely the Race for the Cure next October in Denver or San Antonio if I am there.  Did the October one--May get to do the San Antonio one with Kim this year.  Definitely want to do the Denver one in fall this year again.  May want to do the Blue Shoe one for Prostate Cancer the week before the Race for the Cure.
4. Finish 3 quilts this year -- Bob's snowball quilt with embroidery in the snowballs, pink log cabin earmarked for Carla, and the generational quilt. Quilt the Christmas one sometime in the near future. Quilt or tie the Owyhee HS one soon.  Ha Ha!  I looked at the generational one several times and said to myself "I must finish this, but my machine is in Twin Falls being worked on." (You may remember this was not a good year for the embroidery machine, but now I am hopeful it is in good running order so I will again try to work on these quilts)  I am going to downsize this list to at least finishing the generational quilt this year!
5. Redo Carla's jacket by fall.  Another Ha Ha!  See note about my machine above!
6. keep up with my speed cleaning  I actually did do this for the downstairs!  Now I need to work on keeping up with the upstairs and getting our bedroom done!
7. Deep clean red room and our bedroom before going south for the winter.  Red room=yes; Bedroom is on the list again!
8. Get together with Mike and Sandi Struble and Maryann and Bob Durake while in FL. Also visit Linda Cox and Laura Atwood while we are there.  Check, except for Linda.  I would love to see everyone again this year but we may not make it to FL , but I can hope......
The next part of this list is more long range but I still hope to do some of these things!
9. Visit New Zealand and Australia while I am still able to enjoy it--see where Lord of the Rings and Man from Snowy River were filmed.
10. Visit Ansuya and Leonie in Great Britain.
11. Visit Dana and Ron in MD and Tip, Barb and Jennie's families at the same trip.
12. Stop to see and visit with Jenni Currie in Mobile and/or see her here in CO.
13 Go to a Struble family reunion in PA
14. Go to Mexicali for dental and to have a lapband checkup and visit with Dr. Aceves and his team.
These next ones are definitely planned for this year
15. Visit my friends in Wendover, Elko, and Owyhee (also relatives).
16. Go to Laughlin and Las Vegas with Annie and Katie. Visit my friends and former students in Vegas (Francisco, Becky--Have them organize the others who are there)
17. Visit all my children--Marianne, JJ, Carla and Danny at their homes. Check, except JJ's house but did visit with them several times this year at cabin and Denver!  Plan to do it all again this year, too.
18 . Do some more watercolor painting Nope, but still plan to
19. Paint some more trays with acrylic paints. Bought the paints--I think Carla took most of the trays to do and didn't get them finished either--I might do this while I am in Casper this month.
 20. Try to make soap again but study up on it before trying. Check and it worked so well I even sold some and used the rest for gifts.  Made embroidered soap!
 21. Continue to try doing innovative new things on the embroidery machine and use more of the options on my machine. Use the tutorial to experiment.  Nope, see note about machine above.
 22. Go to a beach and spend time there with family or friends.  Still hoping to do this--Maybe Corpus Christi with Micah's family?
 23. Have a family gathering dinner or BBQ like we used to do with all the Walden relatives here at the cabin in summer or at the Wattenburg building or Soil Conservation building.  Made plans with Jane to do this around President's day and now we won't be there!
 24. Do something for charity. I need ideas possibly organize a run/walk here in North Park or some type of quilting thing or cookie bake or SOMETHING!  Hoping for some suggestions or maybe helping Kim with garage sale for Haiti orphans counts?????  Still want to do some chairitable things this year too.
 25. Take another cruise--maybe for Carla's 50th birthday?  Carla has the plans in the works!
 26. Spend a vacation in Hawaii  Still hoping....
 27. Read Paul Richard's book about North Park.  Need to get the book from the Star office!
 28. Remodel the bathroom  Still desperately needs it!
 29. Tear out the blue sweater I knitted and was too big and long armed and knit another sweater with the yarn.  I have the sweater with me to tear out--need a pattern!
 30. Knit an ear flap hat with really cool yarn like the Opal yarn I'm using to knit a pair of socks.  Bought one at Walmart.  Am knitting socks with Opal yarn and they are beautiful.  Need to finish them this year!
 

I think I will write my new list on another blog so I can review it again next January!  I think I did pretty well on this list considering all the unexpected things that happened this year!  Especially the seven weeks we spent in Denver for Bob's radiation and my malfunctioning embroidery machine!  These caused us to have a lot of unplanned adventures that were quite interesting, too.

1 comment:

  1. You accomplished a lot. I like your list and hope you get it all done. Love Ya

    Carla

    ReplyDelete