Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Meemo's Muffin Recipe

Today is a quiet day for Bob and I. Micah is at work, Alyssa is at school, and Kim and the girls are at Mother's Day Out at their church. I am doing our laundry and then I think I'll make some cinnamon rolls. I hope I can find some yeast...... I guess I'll put some chili in the crock pot and dinner will be ready whenever anyone gets here. Tuesdays are busy days for their family. There will be gymnastics after school and then swimming at the gym. I am doing those activities with Kim and the girls but I think Bob will choose to stay home. Maybe Natalie will stay with him--who knows!

Micah and Kim do not have TV at their house so Grampa is having a hard time not being able to see the news or his cowboy movies! It is going to be harder on Sunday with no Superbowl! And I will miss the Olympics, too. Maybe Bob will have to go to a Sports Bar to watch the Superbowl. Anyway, he has his computer and his Kindle to keep him busy. I think he is getting some of his news off the computer so he is not entirely out in Limbo!

Well, no yeast so I guess I'll use up the half can of pumpkin and make some more muffins. There is some of Marianne's applebutter in the fridge so maybe I'll incorporate that into the recipe too. I'll keep you posted on how that goes!

I made the muffins! I had to kind of make up a recipe because I couldn't find one to suit me so I will include it here. The muffins turned out to be moist and very tasty! The recipe makes 2 dozen big muffins or 1 dozen big and 2 dozen mini muffins (that's what I did and more than half of the mini ones are gone already!)


24 mini muffins with chocolate chips


So moist and tasty!

Ready to spread a little butter on it. Yummmmm!


Meemo's Apple Butter Pumpkin Muffins

4 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 Cup Butter or margarine
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Cup Apple Butter (or use Apple Sauce and add some pumpkin pie spice to it)
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Chocolate Chips, raisins or chopped nuts or a combination.

Mix Flour, cinnamon,and baking soda in a bowl. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs, pumpkin, apple butter and vanilla and beat well about 2 minutes. Blend in flour mixture on low until just moistened. Stir in chips, nuts or raisins. Fill greased muffin tin cups about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Bake mini muffins 15 -20 minutes.
Makes 24 regular sized muffins.

1 comment: